Home LOCAL NEWS Federal Govt Break Silence, Declare Xenophobic Attacks Unacceptable

Federal Govt Break Silence, Declare Xenophobic Attacks Unacceptable

351
0

The Federal government via its verified Twitter handle, has reacted to the recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians residing in South Africa.

Recall Focus Naija reported earlier that properties includings cars which belong to Nigerians in the country, was set on fire by South Africans. Shops belonging to Nigerians was also looted by South Africans as captured in a viral video.

 

President of the Nigeria Union South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, had said that recent attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

 

 

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

 

The Federal government in its reaction stated that the attacks are unacceptable and that President Buhari will meet with the South African president, Cyril Ramaphosa, in October over the rising attacks.

 

Previous articleInside The ‘Risky’ Life Of Bobrisky
Next articleBREAKING: FG Summons South Africa High Commissioner Over Xenophobic Attacks
Seasoned Blogger and Media Personnel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.